Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kids' Camp 2011 is...

officially on the brain now.

You didn't think I was going to tell you the theme, did you?!  Only 5 people know.  We keep it pretty top secret.  Don'tcha hate that?  Why so hush hush?  I guess because we're difficult that way :)  Or just adding to the anticipation :)  Actually if you're dying to know don't miss out this Sunday.  This coming Sunday is Family 5th at Celebration, and my Kids' Camp cohort and myself will be making our usual "display" to reveal the theme.  If you're new to Celebration in the last year you're in for a "treat."  I'll be glad, actually, to finally spill the beans because then I don't have to watch what I say around my daughter!  I keep it a secret even from her.

With it being on the brain now that means it won't leave the brain until June.  So much happens in the next 6 months that includes excitement, laughter, anticipation, time, stress, exhaustion, tears, organizing, planning, creating, and many many more things!  You really don't want to miss out!

You know what's exciting at this point?  Well for me, it's when someone comes to me in December and says, "What is the date for Kids' Camp?  I want to make sure I put in my vacation time now."  Did you read that?  Vacation time.  First time someone said that to me I cried.  Each year I have more and more people that are making decisions like that, that are carving out time to be involved (and this particular person doesn't even have small children by the way...).  The adults anticipate as much as the kids!  Adults have already started asking me, "Is so and so going to be a small group leader again?  My daughter loved her!"  or "Is so and so going to be on games again because his game stations were always my favorite!"  People are already anticipating the outcome.  THAT is exciting!  To me it's exciting because Kids' Camp is an event that can involve the whole church.  Kids participate.  Teens participate.  Adults participate.  It's the one event that for three days Celebration comes together for a fabulous time!  Ministering happens.  New friendships begin.  Established relationships deepen.  (Plus you get a snazzy T-shirt!)

Can I pencil in your calendar?  I'd like to add Monday, January 31st at 6:30 please.  It's our annual Kids' Camp Kick-Off Meeting and would love to save a seat for you!  Come find out the who, the what and the where.

Kids' Camp - a place where rocket ships appear on the building, 4 wheelers drive on stage, people swing from a vine, chocolate barbells for snack...who wouldn't want to be part, right?  :) :) :)

Kids' Camp Worship Team

Kids' Camp Wild Kingdom

1 comment:

  1. God is so good! Amazing times! I can hardly wait to see what He has planned this year!

    ReplyDelete