Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Not THAT Bad...I Promise!

When I say the words "children's ministry," what comes to mind?  This?


Because I promise it's really not that bad...only on days with a full moon.  And those only come once a month and may not always land on a Sunday.  Just sayin'...


How 'bout I not beat around the bush, not give you a lot of fluff, not give you all the convincing reasons why you SHOULD volunteer in children's ministry and just get right to it.


Here's the deal.  We need you.  Mhmmm, you.  Oh, you don't really like babies and real little ones?  We've got older kids too :)  I see.  It's the older ones that scare you?  That's ok, we have sweet babies that need rocked or kiddos toddling around that will gladly share their snot and germs with you!  What?  You don't really like kids all that much?  You're in luck, I even have a spot for that!  Can you say "Good morning!" and smile?  If so, I've got just the place!


Children's ministry has a variety of places to serve:  from very little contact with kids...all the way to.... all-out access to them!  Still not sure?  I'd like to invite you to join us some Sunday and check us out.  No commitment, just come hang out for a service and see what Celebrate Kids is all about!


I want to leave you with a few thoughts as you consider my invitation.  In children's ministry you get to see children that love God, learn about God and worship God.  You get to meet new friends, see friendships begin and watch them grow.  These are just a few of my favorite things...

No comments:

Post a Comment