Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Be Mine

With Valentine's Day just 5 days away I want to challenge you to take the time to make your kiddos a special Valentine.  I think we tend to think of our significant other this month, but I want us to think of our kids too.  I've been looking online for some ideas...SIMPLE ideas that I could whip up for Miah.  I want her to know how special she is to me and what better time than at Valentine's!

Don't have much time for a craft?  Or too nervous because you're not "crafty?"  Kids don't expect some high quality craft...they'll just feel good that you took time to write out some special words just for them.  Don't you remember how your mom used to say, "Don't get me anything, just make me a card!"  She wasn't just saying that.  She meant it.  Parents love homemade/handmade gifts their kids make...so why wouldn't kids feel just as special when we make something for them?

Check out Kaboose for some simple and some not-as-simple valentine ideas.  I think I'm going to make a card, decorate the outside and then on the inside I'm going to fill it with a bunch of small hearts in different colors.  On each small heart I'm going to make my own message like they have on the candy hearts.  I believe I'll put a different word on each one that reminds me of Miah, tells something about her, or gives her a message from me.  (U R GR8, I <3 U, HUG ME, UR BEAUTIFUL and so on...).  They can't hear those positive and loving messages too much.  They're surrounded by negativity everywhere they go so let's take advantage of this special day to pump them full of love and loving thoughts and loving gestures!

I know you're busy, and I know buying a store card is easier.  But let's MAKE the time to do something special.  Or buy the card and MAKE the time to write your own special message inside.  MAKE the time, our kids are worth it.

While you're reminding them of how much you love them, remind them of how much God loves them as well.

Psalm 106:1
Romans 5:5,8
Ephesians 2:4,5
Ephesians 3:18,19
I John 4:9

*I'm gonna make you look them up today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment