Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ho, Ho...uh oh!

As of right now my 9 1/2 year old still believes...at least she acts as if she does.  But I'm bracing myself this year for the question, "Momma, is Santa real?"  She asked last week if the tooth fairy was real so I assume maybe doubts of Santa may be coming too.  I'm not really worried about it.  It wasn't traumatic for me, in fact, I don't even remember when I found out Santa was actually Mom and Dad.  

I probably need to decide exactly what I want to say when that question comes.  What did you say when your kids found out?  Or if you have kids that still believe, what do you plan to say?  Any creative ideas to share?

5 comments:

  1. OH Karla I thought of you this morning and wondered where Miah was at with this. The kids found thier Elf Jangles and Hadyn asked why it at had a tag on it and said the hand writing on the letter was Chris's or mine :( I told Chris I thought we needed to have the "santa" talk with Hadyn before he blows it for Macyn. It's sad to see this right of passage but awesome in knowing that their hearts still really want to be in it.
    I'm anxoius to see the posts you get with suggestions on this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Noel" hasn't made her appearance yet but will be this week! She has asked about her a few times and we are all "wondering" when she'll arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Miranda was 10 and I told her Santa wasn't real her reply was " Great! I suppose the tooth fairy and the easter bunny isn't real either!" I felt so bad but the only reason I told her was that there was so many of her friends that knew I was afraid they would tell her and make her cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that's what I'm afraid of too, Shelley. A friend of mine that has a child the same age as Miah is going to tell the secret after this Christmas so I've pondered that too...definitely before she enters middle school! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's already onto us about the tooth fairy...

    ReplyDelete