Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's the Little Things

It's the "little things" that make me happy.  Little things like a new box of Crayola crayons, a new coffee mug, discovering a new font, the right pair of socks to complete my outfit, the list could go on...

Well God has given me several "little things" to be happy about with Celebrate Kids' Registration team.  Registration has been working over the last few months to make changes, improvements and recruitments and so on.  Recently God has brought many things together and with that some "little things" occurred like reformatting the registration form so it's easier for visiting parents to fill out, reformatting the database so all the info is in one place rather than three and new name tag baskets.  Sound BoRiNg to you??  Maybe.  But for me it's been refreshing because in these "little things" God is able to do some BIG things.  These little things have led to better organization...which has led to better record keeping...which has led to better communication with kiddos and families...which has led to smiling faces and involved people.

That got me to thinking and made me wonder if you might even think it too..."I'm little in this world.  I'm little in this church.  What can little me do to make a difference?"  Do YOU ever feel insignificant?  Feel you couldn't possibly be able to accomplish ____________?  I DO!  I feel all those.  You know what brings me comfort and peace and joy in all those questions and thoughts?  God.  He has blessed Celebration http://www.celebration247.com/ with a children's ministry made up of servants working together.  Servants that serve at the computer, servants that greet with a smile and a hello! servants that teach, servants that sing, servants that change smelly poopy diapers, servants that wipe snotty noses, servants that...don't have to accomplish it alone!

So little me gets to serve with little you and put us together and God gets to do BIG things!  So again I say...it's the "little things" that make me happy.

I Corinthians 12:4-6 The Message
"God's various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all."

No comments:

Post a Comment