Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ta-Da!!!

Kids' Camp 2011 Logo by Josh Crabtree


Well, here it is!  This is what our community will be flooded with in the next few months...from flyers, to yard signs, to billboards, to t-shirts...the list goes on!  What do ya think?  Like it?

I gotta admit, this logo is one of my favorite things about the beginning of Kids' Camp planning  :)  The guy that creates the logo is an art teacher and is also the brother of our office administrator.  I usually have an idea that comes to my head and somehow I have to relate that idea through scribbling and sketching (think stick figure ability) and then transfer that through email.  And every year he seems to translate my thoughts into a SUPER logo!  He takes my initial thoughts and creates something even better than what was in my mind :)  It consists of many emails back and forth of me nit picking and asking for this line to be a little thicker, this font to be a little less rounded, this color to be three shades brighter, this...well...you get the point.  For whatever reason, he seems to agree to work with me every year ;)

Every year I wonder how God is going to top the previous year.  He doesn't disappoint!  There are a dozen teams working and planning for Kids' Camp and have been since the very end of January.  Some of our strongest teams this year had the least volunteer involvement in years past...and THAT is exciting!  I can't WAIT to see what He's going to do in June!!!

So fantastic to see new growth in our church each year with Kids' Camp.  New faces.  New roles.  New ideas.  New commitment.


"And this hope will not lead to disappointment.  For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love."  Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment